Hey everyone, welcome back to the blog! Making a short film in high school is already a challenge, but when you’re on a tight deadline and people start dropping out, things get even harder. Our original script had more characters, but two of our actors couldn’t make it to the shoot, and we didn’t have time to find replacements. At first, it felt like everything was falling apart because those characters played important roles. Instead of panicking, we had to think fast and adjust the script to work with a smaller cast. We figured out which parts of their roles were necessary and found ways to merge them into the remaining characters. This actually helped us make the story more focused and cut out anything unnecessary. With fewer characters to manage, filming became a lot easier, and scheduling wasn’t as stressful. We also realized that having a smaller cast allowed for better performances since we could spend more time on each scene. The changes made the film stronger, even thou...
My commercial is going I really well. I added 2 pictures of the movie I was going to put it in. I put in a picture of the title sequence and a picture of the movie distributers logo. I wanted to add another photo because I felt it was too short with just one photo. With the 2 photos the commercial looks nicer. I added the song "Infranmi" instrumental by Steve Lacy. This song is really good, and the instrumental is super good. I then added an outro to my commercial which I wasn't sure I wanted to do. This was good I added an outro because it made it look cleaner. I liked that I changed my font for each section. For the Barbie description I made the font pink. I added a brief description for each of the photos and videos. I like the descriptions because it helps the watcher know what they are viewing. I used the same song for my movie section and outro. I also added the same song for intro and pics of me. I felt like the making the song last longer would fit better. Overa...
For the editing of this project, Nijah is in charge. All the group members shared their ideas about how they want the film to look. Nijah hopes she can bring all these ideas to life and make the perfect thriller/horror film. The shots taken during filming were great for editing and creating smooth transitions between scenes. While filming, the group also recorded diegetic sounds to add to the eerie atmosphere. Some of these sounds included a creaking door and a loud bang on the floor. These small details help make the film feel more realistic and intense. The group discussed the overall mood they wanted, and Nijah is determined to make it happen. She carefully selected each shot to keep the pacing intense and suspenseful. The goal was to make every scene flow smoothly while keeping the audience on edge. Every transition between scenes was planned to maintain tension. The diegetic sounds added an extra layer of depth, pulling viewers deeper into the film’s world. For example, the ...
Comments
Post a Comment